30 September 2010

DYE ANOTHER DAY - 30 Sept 10


Well mother fucking shit. My hair still has a light green tint to it, no matter how much of the UnColor I use. While, yes, it got a lot of it out, and I am grateful, it didn't remove all of the Blue Manic Panic from my hair. At least no one said anything to me about my hair being a weird color today, so that's a plus.

So what do I do now? Deal with it? Fuck that shit. I went to Sally Beauty Supply again today. There was a different girl working this time, thank GOD, because I didn't want a confrontation about that other shit not working well. Which was partially my fault since I don't own a sit under dryer.

This time I bought a packet of powder of the UnColor, for permanent color, a bottle of creme color and activator. That's right, I'm going to try to color over this bullshit green. It's in my hair right now, and is supposed to stay in for 35 minutes.

Before I colored, I snipped a strand of green from my hair and mixed up the powder packet to test it on my hair. If that UnColor worked, I really wouldn't need to dye my hair a normal color. But it didn't work. In fact, the strand looked greener when I rinsed it out! Fucking hell! I'm glad I did a strand test for that shit! I'm also doing a strand test for the hair color, but was too impatient to wait 35 minutes before I put it on my own hair. I know, I may be sorry. But that's the thing, if my hair turns out no different, or still green, well, I'll just have to fucking deal with it, won't I? After all, I did this to myself and I will never ever, ever, ever, ever, EVER, FUCKING EVER, use manic panic on my hair ever again!

So heed my warning, if you ever get a wild hair to turn your hair a funky shade of off the wall blue, red, pink, purple, black, green, whatever, use a temporary GEL or SPRAY that WASHES OUT IMMEDIATELY! Because manic panic will never come out completely. I am pretty sure of this. Even though it says semi/demi/temporary, whatever, it's NOT! Only the vibrance is temporary, another, shitty faded shade is permanent.

I guess I'll let you know how my hair turns out when I rinse and condition my hair.

*I'm baaaack!!! Well, my hair is now an ugly brownish color, but most of the green is gone.
I say "most" because there are still small twinges of green if you look really close. Well I'm done fucking with my hair for now, but I read on a site that to try using Prell shampoo mixed with #20 peroxide gel (found in your beauty store like Sally's) then mesh it in your hair, leave it in for about 20-30, then rinse out. That should get rid of your manic panic. If all else fails, just dye over it. Good luck!

No comments: