12 April 2009

29 Nove 07 - Damn you, electrically charged particals!

The one thing I hate most about Winter, aside from the crapload of snow/ice that accumulates, is the static electricity that attacks my hair.  While bothersome, for myself, it is also problematic because my hair is kind of long.  When it gets fully charged, my hair sticks to everyone and everything.  Ever heard of someone who sheds on their cats?  Yeah, that's me.

The static wouldn't be such a problem if people would keep the heat down and stop trying to sweat us to death at work.  I actually wore a jacket today, for the first time and when I put it on, I guess where it had been on my chair all day charging up, my hair stuck to my face and my coat and then reached for the ceiling a little.  Argh!

I'm getting a promotion/raise at work soon.  On December 10th I'll start training for Pends.  I'm really excited about this since our data entry program will be changing and getting easier.  I don't want to have a job where I sit at a computer in a coma all day doing test-monkey work.  When I start, I'll only get a few $ raise, but once I get the hang of it, I can make up to $25/hour.  Hellz yes it's sweet!

I'll finally be able to get ahead and not have to avoid calls from people who want money!  Of course it will take a little while before I start seeing an improvement in my paycheck, but it's worth the wait.

Another one bit the dust this week as Granny finally quit.  I could tell it was coming with her getting sick a lot and stressing out.  She was gone for over a week because she was sick and Monday she came in and cleared out her desk.  People keep dropping like flies!  This job really isn't that hard or stressful.  Maybe it is and I like it because you're required to think all day so it doesn't stress me out?

Why are there so many very strange people in one building?  I think this question crosses my mind every day at work.  Mostly about the people outside of my SBU.  I was filling up my water bottle at the purified water machine and there was a girl actually waiting for me to finish, so she could walk behind me.  See, there is another way she could have gone around.  All she had to do was turn around, but that must have been too hard?

They are also weird in the bathroom.  I drink a lot of water, so I take frequent trips to the restroom.  I find it odd when I walk in and someone is in another cubical being really, really quiet.  Like, if they are quiet and don't move, I won't know that they are in there taking a poop. 

I really hate that because sometimes I talk to myself.  Okay, a lot of times.  I tend to be retarded and say some goofy shit when I think I'm alone.  I don't know why I do it, but if I know someone is in earshot, I will try to be mindful of their presence and stay quiet instead of shouting things like "BEES!"

I've been trying to save money by bringing my lunch to work, and I just ended up feeding my new addiction:  Nintendo DS.  I play it on breaks and lunch.  When I get home I play it for hours and the past few nights I have lost track of time, which is why I've been so fucking tired.  I know, I'm an idiot.  I can't help it, Zelda rawks hardcore, yo!

No comments: